1. General – Data Controller
The website and the online shop at the address www.emmanuellesilk.com belongs to and runs under the limited liability company named “TSIAKIRIS SILK Ind. S.A.” (hereinafter the “COMPANY”), VAT 094089757, Public Revenue Office of Komotini, seat in Komotini on the address Sof. Venizelou 32, Komotini, P.C. 69132, Tel. (0030) 2531025035, email address [email protected].
The purpose of the present Policy, which is part of the General Terms, is to inform you regarding the below:
- What personal information we collect and process;
- what purposes we process your personal data for and what is the legal basis we are following;
- who are the recipients of your personal data;
- how long we keep your personal data, and
- what are your rights regarding your personal data and how to exercise them.
The COMPANY respects the privacy of the users, as well as of everyone who wishes to proceed to a transaction or communicate via this website, by email and/or telephone, implementing all requirements of the General Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter “GDPR”), as well as the implementing law 4624/2019, ensuring, in all cases, the protection and privacy of the personal data shared with the COMPANY.
The term “personal data”, as used in the present Policy and according to the current legal framework, means a natural person’s information, such as first and last name, telephone number, email address, which directly or indirectly designate the identify of that person (hereinafter “Personal Data” or “Data”).
You, as visitors, USERS/consumers, are called “data subjects”, while the COMPANY is the “data controller” of your Personal Data. “Processing of Personal Data” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
We are committed to process your Data in a legitimate and transparent way, always according to the current legislative framework. In particular:
- We collect and process your Data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- We collect and process only the Data necessary for the purposes defined.
- We make every possible effort to ensure that your Data is safe, giving you the possibility to correct and/or delete information.
- We store your Data for a limited period of time, which is deemed necessary either by law or by the company policy in order to fulfill the purposes of the COMPANY.
We make every possible effort to ensure security of your personal Data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
2. When is Data collected
The USER can browse the website without being asked for any personal data by the COMPANY, unless the USER is informed by the COMPANY accordingly in advance. The COMPANY collects Personal Data disclosed when the USER signs up to its services or proceeds to an order as a non-registered USER. In any case, this regards information necessary for the execution of the online purchase and for informing the USER about its status. This rule cannot apply to Data collected via cookies files (see here for details) and for specific Data, which is automatically collected while browsing on the website (e.g. IP address)
3. What Data is collected and for what purposes
The COMPANY collects Data in regard to the USERS in the following cases: (1) data the USER provides in order to complete the order from the COMPANY, (2) data the USER provides upon sign up as REGISTERED USER/MEMBER, (3) data provided during competitions taking place from time to time, (4) data the USER provides upon connecting via another platform.
In particular, the COMPANY collects the following type of USER Data, which is provided to the COMPANY upon sending the electronic order form or registering to the services of the website, as well as via phone or email for the following purposes:
- Exercise the contractual relationship between the COMPANY and the USER. Collection of Data is required for the processing and delivery of your online order at your place or for reserving an order, communicating with you regarding the status of the order sending the email confirmations, returning and/or exchanging the ordered product and issuing the lawful evidence.
Filling in any order form on the website or by telephone, the USER will be asked for the following data:
- full name,
- postal code,
- email address,
- telephone number,
- payment information and way of payment. The use of a credit card, which requires certain supporting data for the identification of the lawful card holder, is secured in all cases by the electronic environment of Alpha Bank. It is noted that the COMPANY does not store nor can access the USER’s card information entered during the payment as described in the Purchase Terms.
- USER registration as a member (REGISTERED USER-MEMBER) upon the USER’s permission. The COMPANY gives the USER of the website the possibility to register, if he/she wishes, as a member (REGISTERED USER-MEMBER) providing first name, last name, email, password.
- Send news, offers or alternative products offered by the COMPANY, provided the USER has signed up to the newsletter service and given his/her permission. By creating a registered USER-MEMBER account the USER can, if he/she wishes and consents accordingly, receive informative emails concerning the prices of the COMPANY’s products, new products, offers etc. (Newsletter service). Registering to the emmanuellesilk Newsletter Service is also available to non members and is performed by entering the USER’s electronic mail address (email) in the respective field within the website. You can withdraw your consent for the processing of your Data for the purposes of the newsletter at any time. For this reason, you are provided the button “Unsubscribe” in each newsletter sent to you. If you withdraw your consent, we will stop sending you information material and all data used for this purpose will be deleted.
- Receive gifts of contest drawings, after consent of participation has been granted.
- Connect with social medial platforms
Certain spaces of our website are likely to link to social media platforms using the respective social medial plug in (e.g. Facebook and Instagram). Accessing the website using a social media account, the COMPANY may (depending on the user’s current privacy settings) automatically have access to the information provided by you on the given social media platforms and use this information in the framework of its business activity, in particular, to provide information about products and services, as well as to contact you in response to the messages you sent to us. Legal basis for the above processing is your consent, which is expressed by clicking “like”/”follow” on our page and is similarly withdrawn by clicking “unlike”/”unfollow”. The COMPANY is not responsible for the way or the means those social media use to process your Data and, for more information, suggests that you read the practices applied in regard to the protection of your Personal Data on Instagram, Facebook.Compliance of the COMPANY with legal and regulatory obligations, such as concerning issuing and maintaining supporting documents for our transactions to safeguard the rights and financial requirements, as well as the establishment, exercise or support of legal demands.
4. Data Use
5. Recipients of your Data
Your Personal Data is revealed to third parties acting on behalf of the COMPANY to be processed according to the purpose(s) which it was collected for or may happen to be legally processed, such as to provide services, evaluate usefulness of this website, ensure correct and lawful function of the online shop, for marketing purposes, process information, data processing or technical support. Examples of recipients are the designated personnel of emmanuellesilk within the framework of their duties and by confidentiality principle, external collaborators of the COMPANY, our suppliers, as well as any third party services provider relevant to the website and the online shop (e.g. provider of safe electronic transactions).
The above third parties have agreed, are contractually bound by the COMPANY and have the duty of confidentiality and lawful processing of the Personal Data according to the current legislation on Personal Data Processing.
Furthermore, the COMPANY may reveal your Personal Data to the competent Independent Supervisory Authorities after a relevant request or if there is such need, according to the applicable legislation.
Personal Data collected by the COMPANY are not transferred to third parties for marketing and advertisement purposes.
6. Data transfer abroad
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
7. How long is your Data stored
Your Data is stored so long as is deemed necessary to achieve the aforementioned processing purposes, such as the exercise of our contractual relationship and the fulfillment of the obligations resulting of the current tax, community and other legislation, including legislation on Personal Data. Upon fulfillment of those obligations and if the Data is no longer necessary to fulfill the purposes which it was selected for, the Data will be deleted in a safe manner without the possibility to be recovered.
The COMPANY may gather identification data of the USER of the website applying certain technologies, such as cookies, which are text files containing information stored on your device (e.g. hard drive, browser etc.) when you visit a website. For more information, please see Cookies Policy.
9. Data Security
The COMPANY has taken all necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure that your Data is secure and protected by any form of accidental or unlawful processing, loss or unauthorized use or access. To ensure functionality of the online shop, the COMPANY uses and constantly updates the subsystems that are necessary for the uninterrupted and adequate functionality of the system. The following examples are given indicatively: back up systems, protection systems, protection against malicious actions systems etc.
The COMPANY suggests its USERS to be extra careful when revealing personal information on the Internet, since it cannot fully guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not obtain access to its Data despite the measures taken. Please take into account that the COMPANY will make an effort to protect the USERS’ personal Data, but the protection of the password of the account depends solely on the USERS themselves. This website may include links or hyperlinks to websites that do not belong to the COMPANY. The above website may apply their own terms of protecting Personal Data, which the COMPANY has no responsibility for. You are advised to check the Data Protection practices of third party websites before using them.
10. Your rights in regard to your Data
According to the current legal framework you have a set of rights in regard to the processing of your Personal Data by the COMPANY.
In particular, you have the following rights:
- Right to access, meaning the right to request to be informed if Data is processed and, if yes, which Data this concerns, as well as other information, e.g. purpose of processing, recipients etc. The USER can obtain from the COMPANY a copy of the personal Data stored with regard to the USER free of charge for his/her own use. The COMPANY has the right to charge a reasonable amount for every other copy that might be requested.
- Right to rectification, i.e. request a correction or completeness of your data.Personal Data can be changed or corrected by accessing your account of registered USER-MEMBER.
- Right to erasure, i.e. request, under conditions, the erasure of your Data.
- Right to restriction of processing, i.e. obtain, under conditions, the restriction of our processing of your Data.
- Right to object, i.e. object at any time to processing of your Data.
- Right to data portability, i.e. right to request the Data provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, so long as this is deemed technically feasible according to the provision of the GDPR.
- Right to withdraw consent, i.e. wherever processing of the Personal Data is performed upon the USER’s consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
To exercise your rights concerning your Personal Data you can contact us via email at: [email protected]
To ensure the USER’s protection and safety, the COMPANY will try to confirm that the person requesting exercise of the above rights is indeed the USER; thus, it is likely to request the USER to provide additional information which will allow the identification.
The COMPANY will make an effort to fulfill any relevant requests coming from the USER within 30 days. However, this time frame may be extended for a period of two (2) more months for specific reasons referring to the complexity of the request or the high number of requests. In any case, you will be informed within the month in case an extension is needed. If we do not reply to you on time or if your request is partially or fully denied and/or if you believe that your rights and freedoms concerning processing of Personal Data are violated, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the competent supervisory authority (For Greece, Hellenic Data Protection Authority, Kifisias 1-3, P.C. 115 23, Athens, Tel.: +30 210 6475600 , email: [email protected]). Additionally, you can find all contact information for all supervisory authorities in EU at [https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080].
11. Policy about children
It is communicated that the content and services of the website are not intended nor have been designed to be used by natural persons under the age of 18 years old. The COMPANY will not collect or process Personal Data referring to children, unless parental consent has been given according to the current local legislation. If it comes to the COMPANY’s attention that Personal Data referring to children has been accidentally collected, the COMPANY will erase the Data without undue delay.
12. Amendment of the present Policy
13. Further information
In case of any questions or doubts about the present Policy or any other aspect related to the protection of your Personal Data in overall, you can contact us via email at [email protected]. You can also contact us via telephone at (0030)2531025035 or post at TSIAKIRIS SILK Ind. S.A., Sof. Venizelou 32, Komotini, P.C. 69132.